2/21/10

'theTRANSFER'; the butterfly effect.

a single decision can inflict a massive metamorphosis on one's sober reality. tons of bad decisions have been made, but with each one, a lesson is learned, and implemented in other situational occurrences. though satisfying, "d'evils" can be surrounding and suffocating. transition can be the savior, but doing so from one lifestyle to the next is easier said than done. accepting change initiates the process, maintaining the transformation keeps it from becoming just a phase. sacrifices must be made, but in OUR society, it is frowned upon. in the black community, or as I like to call it, organization, the mission is 'keep it real'. 'keeping it real' will keep one sealed, forever stowed away in a realm of exhausted possibilities. sacrifices of the lifestyle should be made, but the losing of one's true self is easily preventable. I've sacrificed a lot making my transition here, but my self identity indeed remains intact. some of the closest people to me thought that my relocation would be pointless, but that's because they were comfortable. I am not at ease... yearning for something more. life never ceases to amaze me, nor does exploring all the opportunities. i see former friends and associates doing the same exact thing they were doing a year ago from today. it's upsetting, but inevitable. society is filled with 'ills', put here to keep people from achieving glory. do I enjoy these ills, who doesn't? our world revolves around them. am I a devout christian using the church as my shield from these ills? no. but did I let these ills consume me? absolutely not. the move i made was thoroughly analyzed, than accurately executed and it has literally made me the person writing this piece. so I leave you with this, trust your judgment and do not let the influence of others misdirect your path to find YOU.

+mr.satterwhite