2/26/10

thePROGNOSIS; a short storyy

*I'm on edge. My palms are sweaty. I feel like the law enforcement is chasing me because my heart is going miles over the speed limit. My mind can't seem to stay focused. I've lost my train of thought. While in a minor state of panic I thought... I'm losing it. I need to shake this, come back to reality. I couldn't help but think about how hot I was. It felt like it was 100 degrees in the middle of January. For the time being, I'm literally in hell... but yet i'm keeping my 'cool'. This feeling I have is uncomfortable. So discouraging. I'm determined to bounce back though. My mind won't acknowledge it, but my body is obviously telling me something. Subliminal messages in the form of symptoms are being delivered, but not received. I'm lost in them actually. I've constantly attempted, but have yet to comprehend these messages. "What's wrong with me?", I thought. Arm trembling, I look at my watch on my wrist and soon after my stomach reacts. As I slowly try to come back into my own, I'm mentally piecing together a diagonsis, a realization of what my body is trying to say. All in all, I'm not in the proper state mentally or physically. It got to a point where I really needed to call someone, but my pride would not condone it. After being indecisive for an extensive amount of time, I decide to disregard my ego and schedule an appointment for this evening. Relaying through the phone in a faint voice, "Around 6". The day goes on and the feeling remains the same. It's almost 6, so now I'm approaching the moment of truth. I'm eager, but nervous. Struggling to even stand upright, I arrive at my appointment. From afar, I see a person standing there and strangely, my symptoms get worse. I'm sweating profusely and from all angles. My legs feel like buckling with each advancing step. I'm really stressing at this moment. Anxiously pressing forward, I get within 20 meters of this person, and all of the sudden there is a calm. A relieved feeling. Almost instantly, my hands dried... my heart slowed, and me as a whole was 'chill'. She looked stunning as I could recall from our brief and accidental run-in this morning. I regained full and total awareness. "I'm fine", I thought to myself with a shocked reaction. I approach her and at last I'm feeling like my normal. I said to her, "This is a fine restaurant you've selected." She said, "Thank you", smiling so appealingly. We sit down and engage in invigorating conversation. I'm looking at her, listening to her, and mentally processing everything that leaves her lips. Although I was fully ingulfed in her presence, I started to realize what these symptoms were trying to tell me all day. My stomach, which I figured all along would help me find an answer, was the last symptom to disappear. As time elapsed and the butterflies flew away, they whispered to me... "She may be the one".

+mr. satterwhite